Making exhibitions accessible even for people with special needs matters a lot to the Technisches Museum Wien and its employees.
Facilities for the disabled
- Two public disabled parking places in front of the main entrance at Mariahilfer Straße 212
- Separate automatic entrance doors
- A lift suitable for wheelchair use, identified as a lift for the disabled
- Electric stair lift for wheelchair users WxD 77x90 cm (will be operated as required by our supervisors)
- Disabled WCs on each floor
- Free use of walking aids (= light wheelchair – chaperone required!)
People with special needs have free admission to the Technisches Museum Wien! Chaperone free, if identified as such in the ID card.
You are welcome to take any assistance dog registered in your disability pass into the Museum with you (maximum of two assistance dogs per group; maximum of three assistance dogs inside the Museum at any time).
In order to be able to offer a suitable guided tour, we recommend first having an informative discussion with the 'Knowledge Transfer' department. In this way, we can produce a tailor-made program for the group and take various forms of disability into account.
Special guided tours
For blind and sight-impaired persons
In separate guided tours with special support, certain exhibits can be "grasped", thus conveying their shape, surface design and size.
Contact:The employees at the booking centre are happy to answer any questions:
Monday – Friday from 09:00 – 14:00