Strolling along the Danube Canal while addressing climate issues and collecting points: The app-based city tour organised by the TMW lets you do just that.
The “TMW Climate Walk” is an app-based tour along the Danube Canal. Ideally, teams consisting of 2-4 persons play together, answer questions and solve tasks.
This tour reflects the museum and its contents in the city and raises urgent questions of our time: How are cities affected by climate change? What can we do (to prevent it)? The smartphone guides the players from one station to the next, challenging them with quiz questions, activities and observation tasks.
- Private groups or school classes: One registration for the whole class is sufficient.
- Materials and a short guide with a QR code for the walk will be sent by post beforehand. For this reason, the registration must be completed at least 4 working days (Mon-Fri) before the scheduled date of the event.
- The groups/classes are divided into teams of 2-4 players. The various teams can start at the same time.
- Start point of the Climate Walk: Schwedenplatz / End point: Near Schottenring. Both the start and end points are easy to reach by public transport.
Important equipment per team
- A fully charged smartphone with the free app “Actionbound”
- An envelope with materials
- A pen per team
- Scan the QR code – and get started! (If no mobile data volume is available, the entire tour can be downloaded beforehand; in that case, make sure the device has enough free storage space)
Duration: about 1:30 h
Group size: min. 2 players / up to class size
Children under age 19: € 0.00
By participating in the walk, you agree to selected photographs and texts being collected in anonymous form and displayed at a media station of the Technisches Museum Wien (Vienna Museum of Science and Technology).