We are open again from 03.05.2021 and look forward to your visit!We are closely monitoring the current situation and the associated recommendations and regulations and adapt our measures accordingly. The health of our visitors and staff is our top priority at all times. We apologise for any inconvenience resulting from the reorganisation of the museum’s operations and hope that you help us implement all protective measures.
How do we implement the protective measures?
- Visitors aged 14 and above are only admitted to the museum with an FFP2 mask, which must be worn throughout the visit. For children aged 6-13 and pregnant women, wearing a face mask is sufficient for admission.
- Keep a distance of at least two metres from persons who do not live in your household.
- The number of visitors is limited to 1 person per 20 m2.
- Educational programmes (guided tours, workshops, children’s birthday parties, etc.) and other events are currently not possible (except online programmes).
- Our children’s areas, mini and miniXplore as well as our Maker*Space techLAB, are open for you. Please note that waiting times may occur due to capacity limitations.
- Our bistro is currently closed. Please note that the consumption of food and beverages is prohibited throughout the museum.
- The museum shop is open.
- All areas of the museum, especially objects that are often touched, are subject to extensive cleaning measures. The Österreichische Mediathek (Austrian Media Library) will resume regular operations on 03 May 2021. Please arrange an appointment in advance at .
- To make the visit to the museum a particularly exciting experience for children, we recommend our puzzlehunt generator, where you can choose from more than 800 questions to create your very own puzzlehunt through the museum or use our prearranged hunts.
Please assist us!
- With an exhibition space of about 22,000 m2, the Technisches Museum Wien (Vienna Museum of Science and Technology) is very large. Please be considerate of other visitors and keep a minimum distance of two metres from other people. Take special care in smaller rooms such as toilets.
- Preferably use stairways. Using the lift is only allowed individually or with persons who live in your household.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing and wash your hands regularly. To this end, use the hand sanitiser stations that are put up across the museum.
Information for visitors and holders of annual passesIf you booked one of our educational events (guided tours or workshops, except for online events) at the museum between 01 April and 02 May 2021, we will refund the price. If you paid by credit card, this will be done automatically. If you used an electronic payment method, please send an email to . Annual passes will be extended for the number of all closed days that fall within the validity period of the annual pass. This extension will be made automatically in our system.
Information for schools and groupsWe know that long-term planning is difficult for all of us and are therefore adapting our cancellation terms to the current conditions: If you cannot attend the educational event you have booked due to COVID-19, you will not incur any expenses. However, please get in touch with us as soon as possible to discuss the situation.
Contact booking office:
+43 (1) 89998 - 3001
Like many other institutions, we are facing great economic challenges due to the current situation. Thank you very much for your loyalty and support by visiting us! Your donation helps preserve our common cultural heritage for future generations. We will keep you informed about any news here.
If you experience any symptoms or are concerned that you may have been infected, please stay at home and call 1450.
Coronavirus Infoline: 0800 555 621