We are collecting items surrounding the subject of shaving, depilating and trimming. We are looking for devices with a history: We are interested to hear what women and men can tell us about their devices.
You would like to help your device build a career as a museum exhibit? Tell your personal story and contribute to the history of hair removal!
To this end, we are seeking with immediate effect
shavers, epilators and trimmers with an edge
to permanently include into our collection.
ProfileYour history of use tells a personal story.
Ideally, you come with an instruction manual, accessories or packaging.
Electric razors for women, men or unisex, e.g.
- 1950s: Remington Duchess, Braun Lady L2
- 1970s: Braun Ladyshaver, Braun BM12 stick underarm shaver, Lady Norelco Tripleheader, Philips/Norelco beauty set
- 1980s: Lady Braun Style stick shaver, Philips Double Action
- 1990s: Braun FreeGlider
- 2000s: Philips and Braun models
Wet razors for women, men or unisex (multi-blade razors, disposable razors), e.g.
- 1970s: Gillette Tandem GII, Gillette Daisy or similar early multi-blade razors
- 1990s: Gillette Sensor Excel (women/men)
- 2000s: Gillette Venus
- 2010s: Wilkinson Extra 2 Sensitive/Beauty, BIC, vibrating wet razor
Trimmers and/or body shavers for men or women, e.g.
- 2000s and 2010s: Gillette Body, Philips Bodygroom Series 7000, Philips Body Perfect Bikini
- Trimmer HP6379/00, Wilkinson Bikini Trimmer, eyebrow trimmer, BakBlade back shaver
Epilators for women or men, e.g.
- 2010s: Philips IPL Lumea hair remover, Emjoi Emagine 4 men epilator, Braun
- Face epilator, Braun Silk-épil 7 or 9 Beauty
Duties and responsibilities
By being added to the historical collection, your device and your story ensure the preservation of technical cultural heritage of everyday life. You are both willing to serve as contemporary witnesses. You are committed to telling the history of hair removal in the household equipment collection with a device and its story. Providing you wish to donate your device and your story to the museum, please apply together with your device for a position as contemporary witness and museum exhibit.
You are awaited by a dedicated team of collection experts and curators to scientifically study your potential as a museum exhibit and piece of oral history, a team of restorers and conservators to keep your device in perfect condition as well as unique fellow collection items for your device and your story.